Wednesday 12 October 2011

We always need our Mums


I love being a Dad, having my own home, family and the real sense of independence.

I really like this photo. Mums are such special people and as mine gets older I start to have the occasional worry about what will happen when Mum is no longer around.

We should cherish our Mums, tell them we love them and remind them of how special they are.


Welcome to poems for mum - including poetry for mothers -
here's some ideas for what you can write writing inside a special
birthday or thankyou card ...

"God could not be everywhere and therefore he made mothers."


Mother's Love
Author Unknown

Her love is like an island
In life's ocean, vast and wide
A peaceful, quiet shelter
From the wind, the rain, the tide.
'Tis bound on the north by Hope,
By Patience on the West,
By tender Counsel on the South
And on the East by Rest.
Above it like a beacon light
Shine Faith, and Truth, and Prayer;
And thro' the changing scenes of life
I find a haven there.



Only One Mother
Author Unknown

Hundreds of stars in the pretty sky,
Hundreds of shells on the shore together,
Hundreds of birds that go singing by,
Hundreds of birds in the sunny weather.
Hundreds of dewdrops to greet the dawn,
Hundreds of bees in the purple clover,
Hundreds of butterflies on the lawn,
But only one mother the wide world over.


I Wish I Could Tell You Mom
Author Unknown

I wish I could tell you, Mom
how much you mean to me....
But there are no words to say
how much I admire you...
how much I appreciate you...
how much I thank you
for everything you've

No comments:

Post a Comment