Sunday 9 October 2011

Not Psalm 23

The clock is my dictator, I shall not rest.
It make me lie down only when exhausted.
It leads me to deep depression, it hounds my soul.
It leads me in circles of frenzy for activity’s sake.
Even though I run frantically from task to task,
I will never get it all done. For my ‘ideal’ is with me.
Deadlines and my need for approval, they drive me.
They demand performance from me, beyond the limits of 
my schedule.
They anoint my head with migraines, my in-tray overflows.
Surely fatigue and time pressure shall follow me all the 
days of life,
And I will dwell in the bonds of frustration forever.

I read this amazing rewrite of Psalm 23 the other day and think it really reflects some of the issues we face as Christians with time management

Do you feel that you don't have enough time to do everything you want to do? Is prayer, Bible study and spending time with God the one job we never seem to have for.

To busy to pray?

God gives everyone time equally, rich or poor we all get the same amount. We also have enough time to the things that He wants us to do.

Are the other things of life getting in the way?

Do we really need to watch that last episode of our fav TV show when we could be reading our Bible?

Use your time wisely.

No comments:

Post a Comment