Thursday 4 October 2012

Every parents worst nightmare: The search for April Jones

My worst nightmare?

I woke up a couple of times in the night last night just to check on my sons Philip (8) and Christopher (4) were ok and safe.

Watching the tv coverage of the abduction of April Jones has been really hard to watch and by writing this short post I'm trying to express some of my feelings in this situation.

I sometimes think that we have become imune to the news but the shocking news of the abduction of April Jones has really touched both me and thousands of other people.

Child abduction and abuse has gone on for such along time in our country and everywhere else but we are still not imune from the emotional effects.

I worry about how my boys would feel:

Alone
Frightened
Hungry
Cold
Confused

I think how much I would want to comfort them and keep them safe.  Then I remember that my boys are tucked up in bed safe whereas April could be anywhere in any state as I write this.

I'm a Christian and I pray so my prayer tonight is for the safety of April, for finding her alive and unharmed and being reunited with her parents.

I long to be able to update this post with good news.


Dyfed-Powys Police have asked anyone with information to contact a dedicated hotline on 0300 2000 333.

1 comment: