Live Blog from WWDC 2012 - part III
66 million Mac Users
Lion - 26 million copies sold to date - best selling release, 14% after just 9 months.
Mountain Lion is a major release with over 200 new features.
- launched October 2011
- all your content across all platforms, messenger, notes and reminders, documents in the cloud. This looks like it might be a rival to Google Drive. Document libraries available across all devices.
- location based reminders available now on the Mac
- documents libraries syncs across all devices
- Notification centre with banners sliding onto the screen
- Dictation now coming to the Mac, talk even into third party applications
- Sharing - across all applications to many different social networks
- Safari - New unified smart search field, pickup all your web pages across all platforms. Nice zooming out feature to see all your tabs.
- Game centre
- Power nap - keeps your Mac up to date while asleep, email fetch, reminders, photo stream etc
And the price $19.99 which is around £15-20