Thursday 23 February 2012

Giving something up for lent?

I have been asked a couple of time since Tuesday what have I given up for Lent?


The answer is nothing!


For the last 4 years I have moved away from the traditional list of things to give up:
  • Chocolate
  • Beer
  • Take-away food
  • Pringles

But instead I do the opposite and 'take something on' and resolve to do it for ever day of Lent.


During the next 40 days I will listen to sermons and talks every time I drive to and from school in the car.  The half-hour commute to school is an excellent time to listen to something inspirational and I generally spend the time listening to the radio.

There is a danger that what I listen to becomes just audio wallpaper but I do try to encourage myself to think and reflect on what was said.

What do I listen to?
and other stuff that takes my fancy.

I don't really plan what I am going to listen to and although it is almost random my choice I do find more often than not God speaks through them in an amazing way each day.

I usually download the talks from the huge number available from iTunes and burn a CD of two talks for each day.







1 comment: