Saturday 29 September 2012

Was Tim Cook right to apologise about iOS6 maps?


Was Tim Cook right to apologise about maps?

I had my first try at the new Apple maps app yesterday and looked for my own house - it was covered in cloud!  I live in a fairly big city in the Uk and would have expected my house to be on there. So should I complain, moan, wine and kick up a fuss?

I think the answer is no.

When Google Earth came out and then Google Maps and eventually street view there was lots of criticism about not enough detail and things missing.  I think Apple have taken mapping to the next level and while it may not be perfect at the moment I do think that as it improves it will become a major feature on the iPhone and iOS6 devices.

This has the potential to be awesome and I can’t wait to see my street / house in 3D as I fly down the road!


For more tech related goodness and reviews head over to home.uktechreviews.com


home.uktechreviews.com







No comments:

Post a Comment