Tuesday 27 March 2012

Shine Jesus Shine!

When I became a Christian at University the first CD I bought was of Graham Kendrick.  One of the classic songs which often gets played on Songs of Praise is Shine Jesus Shine!






Although this song may be seen as quite cliched now it does have really good lyrics.


Lord the Light or Your Love is shining, 
In the midst of the darkness shining, 
Jesus light of the world shine upon us, 
Set us free by the truth You now bring us, 
Shine on me. Shine on me. 

Shine Jesus shine 
Fill this land with the Father's glory 
Blaze, Spirit blaze, 
Set our hearts on fire 
Flow, river flow 
Flood the nations with grace and mercy 
Send forth Your word 
Lord and let there be light.

Lord I come to Your awesome presence, 
From the shadows into Your radiance, 
By the blood I may enter Your brightness, 
Search me, try me, consume all my darkness, 
Shine on me. Shine on me. 
As we gaze on Your kindly brightness. 
So our faces display Your likeness. 
Ever changing from glory to glory, 
Mirrored here may our lives tell Your story. 
Shine on me. Shine on me.


I feel really privileged to have met and worked with Graham Kendrick last week when he came to Knowle Parish Church for a concert.  Doing the tech for a Christian celebrity was fun and I must admit I did feel a little star-struck at first!

The one thing that struck me the most about Graham Kendrick was the real connection in what he said, sung and how he behaved.

Great night - and he signed my running order!

No comments:

Post a Comment